Thursday, August 4, 2011

practice makes perfect

     Learning something new is a very hard experience. Especially when it is controversioal to what you already knew. This happened when I was learning how to snowboard. When I go to ski slopes I usually ski and I am on the master level of skiing. So, I wanted to learn how to snowboard and two winters ago, I started learning.

     At first, since I couldn't move my feet in a snowboard it was very hard to practice because I was used to moving my feet in skiing. Also, the concept of accelerating and braking of a snowboard was the opposite of skiing becasue you have to face the front to brake and face the side to accelerate. On the other hand, skiing was the opposite meaning that you had to face front to accelerate and face sideways to brake. Because of this basic concept it took me a long time to not fall.

     However, after I learned the basics and practiced a lot, I finally succeeded in going down a slope without falling. It felt great as I slid down the slope like a snake leaving a trail behind. I can't write this feeling down in words, it felt as if I was flying because the snow was so smooth.

     From this experience I have learned that practice does make perfect but all you need is time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.